10 Empowering Quotes By Inspiring Women
If we take a moment to look around we will see so many amazing women leading us by example. We just need to open our eyes and hearts and know we are just as worthy as any other human being in this world. We need to embrace our womanhood and the power it affords us. You can be a sensual being and still be a strong and powerful woman. Let’s start with one of my favorite quotes by Emma Watson…
“It just always reveals to me how many misconceptions and what a misunderstanding there is about what feminism is. Feminism is about giving women choice. Feminism is not a stick with which to beat other women with. It’s about freedom, it’s about liberation, it’s about equality. I really don’t know what my tits have to do with it.” Emma Watson
I think a lot of people confuse what feminism is. It does not mean we hate men. Contrary to popular belief feminism has nothing to do with belittling men, in fact, feminism does not support sexism against either gender. At its core, feminism is the belief in full social, economic, and political equality for women. There isn’t just one type of feminism, there are a variety of feminist groups including girlie feminists, third-wave feminists, pro-sex feminists, and so on. All these groups aim to deal with different types of discrimination women, and sometimes men, face.
Okay, this post isn’t about feminism but about empowering quotes for women so let’s dive in…
10 Empowering Quotes By Inspiring Women
- “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” Melinda Gates
- “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” Maya Angelou
- “I always wanted to be a femme fatale. Even when I was a young girl, I never really wanted to be a girl. I wanted to be a woman.” Diane von Furstenberg
- “When a man gives his opinion, he’s a man; when a woman gives her opinion, she’s a bitch.” Bette Davis
- There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer. Rihanna
- “It’s important to teach our female youth that it’s OK to say, ‘Yes, I am good at this,’ and you don’t hold back.”Simone Biles
- “Freeing yourself was one thing, claiming ownership of that freed self was another.” Toni Morrison
- “I’m tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” Madonna
- “I hear a lot of people saying, when talking about girls’ empowerment and women as well, you’ll often hear people saying, ‘You’re helping them find their voices, I fundamentally disagree with that. Women don’t need to find their voice. They need to feel empowered to use it and people need to be encouraged to listen.” Meghan Markle
- “I want to build a community where women of all races can communicate and … continue to support and take care of each other. I want to give women a space to feel their own strength and tell their stories. That is power.” Beyoncé
My main goal when photographing my clients is to help them find their feminine power. Just like men have this aura of masculinity and find pride in that, I feel women should not be made to feel ashamed of their sensuality. We are all sexual beings or we would not be here. There is so much healthy power in feeling confident in your body.
If you lost that sexy feeling and want to get it back by doing a boudoir photo session email me. Or maybe you just want to document your sensual side at this season in your life, no matter the reason send me an email and we can talk more.
About Couture Boudoir
Critsey Rowe, Couture Boudoir’s photographer, is an experienced, internationally published, and respected boudoir photographer who has dedicated her career to helping women feel comfortable and beautiful. With the help of female-only assistants and stylists, Critsey celebrates the uniqueness and intimate beauty of every client and takes truly flattering, tasteful, and gorgeous boudoir photographs.