Tips to prepare for a Flawless Boudoir/Portrait Photoshoot
A little preparation can go a long way to help your photoshoot be the best it can be! Here are some simple tips to help you prep for your boudoir or beauty portrait photoshoot.
A WEEK BEFORE YOUR PHOTOSHOOT
Maintain a healthy skin regimen
- Cleanse skin daily and wear sunscreen
- Use an anti-aging cream regularly
- Exfoliate the skin 1-3 times a week
Keep skin hydrated
- Limit alcohol intake and drink lots of water
- Stay away from salty foods
- Moisturize your skin daily
Shave, Wax, or thread the following (optional):
- facial hair
- arm hair/leg hair
- bikini area
THINGS TO PREPARE THE DAY BEFORE YOUR PHOTOSHOOT
Get a mani/pedi
- Choose a nail polish shade that matches your outfits
- Exfoliate the bottom of your feet
- Try on ALL of your lingerie to make sure they fit properly
- Clean bottom of high heels because they may show in photos.
THE DAY OF YOUR PHOTOSHOOT
Hair and Makeup
- Arrive with clean dry hair
- Arrive with a clean moisturized face (if our makeup artist is part of your package)
- Wash hair your hair and style like normal for your photoshoot
Day of clothing
- Do not wear tight clothing on your portrait day – such as socks and jeans… anything that can leave marks on your skin
Eat something filling
- Eat something light but filling before you leave for your shoot. You will need your energy for all the posing you will do
Lotion and Lip Balm
- Moisturize your whole body before the session, especially areas like hands, elbows, and knees that can get dry.
- A thick layer of lip balm will keep chapped lips away
Set your GPS
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get to the location without stressing. Check weather and traffic reports to ensure you have allotted enough time for unexpected delays
These tips may look simple but will make all the difference. Feel free to email me anytime if you have additional questions.
About Couture Boudoir
Critsey Rowe, Couture Boudoir’s photographer, is an experienced, internationally published, and respected boudoir photographer who has dedicated her career to helping women feel comfortable and beautiful. With the help of female-only assistants and stylists, Critsey celebrates the uniqueness and intimate beauty of every client and takes truly flattering, tasteful, and gorgeous boudoir photographs.
For more samples of my work, check out these galleries below: