Boudoir Tips for Photographers | Increase Bookings
HOW TO INCREASE YOUR BOOKINGS ALMOST INSTANTLY
I am about to give you the most valuable tip I can share to increase your bookings almost instantly! Ready? Have a beautiful, well-kept, and mobile-ready website. But that is not all, let’s dive in deeper!
Invest In Your Business
One of the most important business investments you will ever make is your website. Make it beautiful, accessible, and knowledgeable. Think about what you want to see and learn when you are shopping online because essentially this is the same for your potential clients. Have your friends, family and peers look at your website and give you feedback. Your website IS your STOREFRONT and will make the first impression on potential clients when they stop by to check out what you do and have to offer. Make it clear and upfront as possible.
Keep It Up To Date
Imagine this, you adore the holidays and are excited to go shopping for new Christmas ornaments. As you walk down a street lined with unique Christmas shops and you peek through the front display windows, how do you ever decide which one to step into and spend your hard-earned money on? The adorable shop with the shining freshly painted red door with green trim and all the ornaments hanging from a beautiful pine tree in the window? Or the shop next door that looks dark and unkempt with sun-worn, dusty items in the window? You look a little closer and notice that the items are the same, but the well-kept shop is the one you choose.
So, which store resembles your website? Don’t let another shop get chosen because all you need to do is dust and maybe rearrange your windows and throw on a little paint. Okay, maybe you will need a complete remodel but honestly, it will be worth the investment.
Mobile Is King
Another important factor to consider: Mobile. Many clients are not browsing from their computers but they are using their smartphones and tablets to look at your website – up to 80% of your potential customers are viewing your mobile site. If you do not have a smart phone friendly site or imagery that showcases YOU and your work, fix it today. I really mean it, fix it ASAP! Make sure your photos are optimized to work well on mobile. There are many tutorials on how to make a great mobile-friendly website.
Additional Website Tips:
- If you have music make it easy to turn off. Many potential clients are browsing from work.
- Make your web/mobile site easy to navigate on computers, phones, and tablets.
- Update your website with fresh content at least every three months or more often.
- Blog if you can. I know blogging is not for everyone but it is a great way to add fresh content and better SEO to your existing site.
- Put your contact information on every page making it easy for clients to reach you.
- At the very least put your starting price. Most people want to have at least an idea of what the cost would be. Don’t let them assume you are too expensive.
- Again, make sure your website is mobile-friendly. This does not mean popping up with tiny writing, this means easy to read and view from a mobile device.
- Show what you want to sell but keep it simple.
- Have a copy editor proof your site or ask several people to proofread your content for you.
I know, I know! Working on your website can be a task, and I know how easy it is to keep putting it off, but I can promise you, this is one time and/or money investment you will get back 1000 fold. People waste so much time on social platforms that yield little return when they have the potential in their own platform (website) to create an inquiry machine.
Want to learn more about boudoir photography tips and tricks? Check out my YouTube Channel
About Couture Boudoir
Critsey Rowe, Couture Boudoir’s photographer, is an experienced, internationally published, and respected boudoir photographer who has dedicated her career to helping women feel comfortable and beautiful. With the help of female-only assistants and stylists, Critsey celebrates the uniqueness and intimate beauty of every client and takes truly flattering, tasteful, and gorgeous boudoir photographs.